Accessibility statement for The Bedford College Group
This accessibility statement applies to all websites managed by The Bedford College Group. These are:
How accessible this website is
This website is run by The Bedford College Group. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- change colours, contrast levels, saturation levels and font sizes
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
- pause animations
- highlight links
- change text spacing, line height and alignment
This website uses an accessibility tool called Userway. The widget can be located on the right hand side of the website and can be used to improve the website experience for all different abilities. To use this feature cookies will need to be accepted.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
Contact information & Feedback
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
Call: 0345 658 8990
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 14 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: us through our Have Your Say procedure or contact Cameron Smart: email@example.com
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
The Bedford College Group is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
- PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software. Going forward we will only upload accessible PDFs and we will work to update any non-compliant PDFs by September 2023
- Some h tags are formatted incorrectly. Our website agency is working on these
- Some aria labels are formatted incorrectly. Our website agency is working on these
- Some alt text is not descriptive enough. These are being updated by our website content team and will be complete by September 2023
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services. For example, we do not plan to fix Bedford College Access Agreement Submission for 2018-19.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 30 November 2022. It was last reviewed on 30 November 2022.
This website was last tested on 30 November 2022. The test was carried out by Userway which analyses the entirety of the website for compliance issues related to the WCAG 2.1 criteria.