e-Safety is all about keeping safe online: using social networking, e-mail, text, messaging and sharing online in a way which keeps you safe.
If you are concerned about anything you have seen/had happen to you online you can report it to:
- Personal tutor at college if it involves other students
- The Police if you are being harassed online
- Social Networking sites – facebook, twitter & instagram all have reporting facilities for reporting abuse & spam. Block & delete users who are harassing you after reporting.
- CEOP, the Child and Online Protection Agency if someone has acted inappropriately towards you or someone you know online. CEOP is dedicated to eradicating the sexual abuse of children.
- CEOP are the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Agency. They are the government agency set up to keep people safe online. If you are worried or concerned about anything inappropriate that happens to you online, you can report it by clicking on this logo:
Help & advice to keep safe online
- Protecting your computer
- Protecting yourself
- Smartphones & tablets
- Shopping, Banking & Payments
- Safeguarding Children
- Social Networking
- What’s new online
- What can go wrong
- What is sexual abuse?
- Who can I tell if I’m worried?